Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New and BTDT Moms

As a mom, all you want is to do what is best for your child. You want to take every action you can to make sure they are raised properly. So what do you do? You research EVERYTHING. Whether it be asking other moms (such as friends or family members) or looking online. A great tool for mommy advice for me has become Facebook. Why? Because Facebook allows moms from every part of the world to come together and share experiences that you could not get otherwise. The best way to go about finding the right group for you is to find out what interests you. Do you plan to formula feed? Breastfeed? Do you believe in spanking? Or not? Are you a "green" parent (cloth diapers) or do you prefer the easier route of just buying disposables (I apologize for the reference of cloth only as I am not quite fully informed on all aspects of Green parenting). It's all about what YOU as a mother wants. Here is my list and what I will mainly be covering on my blog:
Breastfeeding
Nursing in Public
Anti-Circumcision (admittedly I circ'd my son before I was educated)
Peaceful Parenting (Gentle Parenting though I am still learning and have many flaws)
Curious about anti/delayed Vaccinations
Extended Rear Facing (Car Seat Safety)
Extended Breastfeeding (Beyond the age of 1)
Interested in homeschooling
There are many things that I agree with and am still learning about. I want the safest possible route 
for my children. This does NOT mean that the way you choose to parent and raise your child is wrong, it is just not my choice. I have started this blog to bring all my decisions viewable to others, not to change your mind, but to let you know there is more that one way to do EVERYTHING. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns you would like to discuss, you can email me at kyramayberry@gmail.com If there is something you would like to see discussed, or for me to look into, or if you just want clarification on something I have written (such as reputable links other than my biased opinion) please ask! I am not afraid of rejection or criticism. I hope you find the page helpful and educating!

~Kyra Mayberry



(Bottom: Me and my daughter Melodie, born January 30, 2013)



(Right: My husband Justin, and my son Waylon born June 9, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment